Monday, July 27, 2009

A family reunion.



A~and I went to a family reunion up north this past weekend. It has been an up and down sort of month. The best part has been hanging out with my son and having so much fun doing things I did as a child, minus the bikes. Reconnecting with some old friends, and finally enjoying a large portion of my job. The not so good has mostly been financial.
***Political rant: I saw that Pawlenty said Obama's health care plan won't save money. To which I want to reply to that: WTF?! I guess I thought the point was health care for everyone not saving the government money. And let me tell you having another option to choose from other than my current suck ass really expensive health care WILL save me money, eventually. I don't expect instantaneous fixing, I expect this country to get it's shit together. Letting these jerks run around with little oversight has just created a bunch of fat holier than thou spoiled brats who whine when you say you don't want to play by their ever changing made up rules. And just like a parent, sometimes, you have to suffer along with the offending child to show how serious you are. It isn't fun, but it gets things done a lot faster than "no, no, jimmy that's a bad touch". Grrrr. Bite me kid and I'll bite you back, that's what I say. [Thankfully A~ never bit me. But my brother did, twice. The second time he learned it's no fun being bit (I did it gently, don't freak out. It's scary enough feeling teeth on your skin, there was no need to make it hurt. And he was too damn cute to get too mad at).]

Ok fun stuff!! This isn't the serious blog I save that crap for somewhere else.
*******

We left in the a.m. headed waaay up north, ok not waaay up north but far enough to be really far, in a car, with my mom, my child, and my brother. We had arranged to meet my grandparents at this restaurant outside of Brainerd that my grandma loves and I swear she liked it because of the pie but, it's a fish place. (?) I've heard about it for years so, finally I was going to go to this odd fish market/restaurant. NoooOOo... We get there and it's been torn down and rebuilt as a strip mall. The fish market is there, no longer kitschy cute, now blah circa 2000 and not a restaurant.

**Hey they make lingonberry or cajun Herring! Yum. (shudder)

We eat at some big lodge place, I think that's actually the name The Big Lodge. Food was decent. I'm bummed I missed the weird store, I would've liked it I think. Then another however long to the "cabin" (it couldn't be further from a cabin). Non stop eating to follow. Why'd we stop for lunch??

A~ was in the water more than out of it, even after finding (and ripping off) a leech! In my mind he is now totally hardcore, I've never had a leech on me and if I did I don't think I'd handle it well. AND I don't think I'd go back in the water an hour later. He had soooooooo much fun! His cousins loved him.


That would be my child on a raft with his cousin. The lake is very shallow so you can walk for at least a couple hundred yards without being deeper than your waist.


The Cabin. And my zombie brother.


Swinging with the dogs


An amazing sunset.
Which I was told wasn't all that amazing and they're almost all like that.
Yeah, well it was amazing to me!


How can you not draw hearts in the sand???

No comments: