Saturday, July 11, 2009

creepy and beautiful



A~ and I went exploring a cemetery today. I suppose it's a little creepy, but it is beautiful. We had a lot of fun sneaking around the Chapel, looking in doors and checking the place out. It's open to the public, but it felt like we shouldn't be there since we were completely alone. The Chapel is just sooooo amazing, words don't do it justice(nor do pictures). I'd get married there in a second. The only thing that'd keep me from doing that would be the whole "you got married in a cemetery, you must love vampires(or goth or something dumb)" thing. No. I just have a strange obsession with architecture and things Art Nouveau, Art Deco, and MCM.
Thankfully I was clueless and took a bunch of pictures, I found out later it's not allowed. Oh well, ignorance is bliss right?

(check out the red glow in the lower left, it's in both pics I have of her face. Oooooohhhh...!)


Inside the "crying" room.


Copper doors!

"Memory"

"faith"

(for some reason this is hidden behind a wall, it's freakin' gorgeous)
***
After the cemetery we went for a ride on the trolley. I wish they hadn't ever gotten rid of those, I love them. The sounds are great. It makes me want to go up to the train museum they have in Duluth and ride one of the old trains. I need a second job just to afford all the fun crap I want to show A~. Not really related but, it popped into my head just now, on our way home I saw a Trans-Am with collector plates. Yep, I'm officially O.L.D. I'm not sure what I think of that. (sigh)



Isn't this so much cuter than a city bus??

A fun day.

No comments: