Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One Man

I was asked if I wanted to go along to this "One Man Minneapolis" thing. I don't know what to call it. It's a contest, here's the link. One of the guys has chosen where I work as the non-profit to get the donation. He wasn't there. But it was just insanely odd. It was nice to get to know people and I'm glad I wasn't there to hit or be hit on, I figured from the get go they're not eligible, just pawns for promotion. I'm cynical like that sometimes. The party was more to sell the condo complex that let them use their party room. But hey it had free drinks! I got to hang with a couple women from work who are really nice and in the same boat as me, kids, in need of more social options due to huge life changes.
I didn't take pictures! I forgot.
Man, the room was boiling hot! I kept having hot flashes, and no I'm not pre-menopausal, considering it was really cool out today I have no idea why it'd be a sauna in the room.

We talked to a few of the guys. Cute sweet yadda yadda yadda. Babies. But it is a good cause. They just need a one woman Minneapolis. Christy has such guts though. She just walked up to the guys and then would bring them back to me and the other woman to chat, who was also too shy to walk right up. We were more about the drinks and food, she was about the 'candy'. Too funny. I was home by 8:30. So it was a perfect night.

An article about the contest

No comments: