Monday, November 9, 2009

End of 2009.....

I've suffered through months of illness. Not bad illness. But just enough to be very annoying and keep me from being a decent multi-tasker. Heck, I'm not even a very good mono-tasker lately.

FYI: I haven't moved. I'm still in the same unpleasant place. (I'm trying to be nice, it's difficult, there aren't many redeeming qualities once you stomp upstairs to tell your neighbor to turn the tv down at 2am, or stop doing laundry at 3 am.... I'm so picky!) Even though I'm stuck here, my gut says that it's ok. I'm continuing to look. I want to love where I live. It doesn't have to be, and most likely won't be, the one place I live for the rest of my life. It just needs to be home for a few years. Or a happy 2 years. Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but I do actually pray about it.


Not too much to report...
Pictures are from First Saturday at the Walker. The Walker has a great exhibit right now Dan Graham:Beyond, this month's free Saturday was tied into that. We got to rock out to the Suicide Commandos, and make and view art. Afterward, we went to a new restaurant and then to a vintage store where we learned some fun and gross new information.


Were you aware that women would save the hair from their comb or brush in fancy boxes on their dressing tables? I bet you've seen the boxes at antique stores, I have. They look like you should put cotton balls in them (usually octagonal with a round hole in the top). Then they'd use that hair to put back on their head in hairstyles? Can you say eeeeew?! (however I suppose it's better than some other person's hair) I think they were called rat boxes? Funny, since the old hair looked like a dead matted rodent.


On that note, yet another Dr. appointment this week and an ultrasound, then hopefully some meds that will help me feel like I have a memory and a brain. I decided that I'm going to use my insanely expensive healthcare. Since I pay $300+ a month for it.

A~'s completed puzzle piece was added to the large community sculpture


Ok, something positive....Ummm. This week's weather has been so amazing! I love the smell of fall, especially late fall.

Ooh! and I'll have to add in a post about Halloween. M~ came to visit!! :D

No comments: